1. The St.Ives Invigorating Scrub is by far the best (kinda) cheapo one I have ever used. I tend to use this on my body rather than my face, so the $10 price tag is a little much as it disappears within a fortnight. I recently tried the Woolworths version of it and it's basically the same thing. I think I prefer the smell of the Woolies one.. and the $5 price tag!
2. After my disastrous attempt at dying my hair at home, I had to have it lightened at the hairdressers. Ever since then the dark blonde bits throughout my hair turned a feral brassy colour and I needed something to get rid of it. Found this Schwarzkopf Silver Shampoo and it worked really well. I love that it's not a pump bottle, I always find my purple/silver shampoos leaking for some reason. And I love the smell of it too, very salon-y.
3. Seche Vite is THE best top coat ever. Smells pretty strong and has a creepy Californian-law warning but it dries within a minute, is super shiny and lasts for ages.
4. My sister told me to read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green ages ago and I loved it. It's become extremely popular recently and they just started filming the movie based on it. I'm probably one of the only people who likes seeing books turned into movies, it's fun seeing it come to life. I'm currently re-reading it with the hubby!
5. I got this MAC Paint Pot in Painterly to wear for my wedding, and it's still not all dried out. I get too lazy to apply eyeshadow 90% of the time so I just dab this all over my eyelid up to my brows and makes everything look more put-together.
6. Ralph Lauren's Romance isn't really my favourite but it's one that I have been wearing everyday just to finish it. It's pretty old and I rather get use out of it before it starts to smell funky. Plus I got my eye on the new Marc Jacobs Honey perfume and need to make room for it!
7. I have 6 bottles of the Bath & Body Works lotions on rotation at the moment. Pink Chiffon is probably my favourite out of them all. I really hope we get Bath & Body works in Australia one day!
I haven't blogged in foreeeevvveeerrr. It feels like all the bloggers have gone into hibernation during winter. I gathered photos from my phone and figured I'd do a quick post.
My hair is at such an awkward mid-length now and I can't decide whether to grow it out or cut it short again. Every time I think I decided I see either a nice "lob cut" or long pretty hair and change my mind. So my hair is in a bun 90% of the time now! Oh and I FINISHED that polish I'm wearing, first bottle to ever be empty.. well as empty as polish bottles can get.
We finally got our Buble tickets! So exxxcciiittteeeeddddd. It's not until May but still, it's happening. I joined the fan club to get early access and managed to score floor seats. I've been wanting to see him forever but stuff always got in the way, last time he was here was just before our wedding and spending $$ on a concert wasn't an option.
This has been my favourite snack for the last month, looooove greek yoghurt.
Indeed Laboratories products are on sale at Priceline at the moment. I love my Hydraluron, it's such a good primer for tinted moisturiser. If you've been wanting to try them, I think the sale price is much more reasonable. I'll definitely be picking up the Eysilix next!
I got really sick of my "nothing to wear" wardrobe and decided to go on a selling rampage on eBay. I sold almost everything and am left this this and a few more basics which sit in my drawer. As you can tell I'm not into bright colours..
Hubby is going to Sydney this weekend to visit his family, the one weekend he goes, the weather is flawless! I can't believe that Spring is on time in Melbourne, the whole time I've lived here it's never been nice up until October/November. I'm looking forward to pulling out my (very few) short sleeved tops and dresses out next week!
I don't usually have dry skin, but since I never use anything but an eye cream and cleanser on a daily basis my skin started throwing a hissy fit. My Kiehl's moisturiser is the only one that doesn't break me out, but it still wasn't working well enough. I'm not normally one to pay $30 for something new, but the reviews were too good to ignore.
What it does
Hydraluron ingredients cause a controlled increase in blood circulation which causes your face to be more plump by filling in the spaces formed through the ageing process.
How to use
It is suggested you apply it in the morning and evening before your usual moisturiser. It doesn't replace your moisturiser. I found that it dries very quickly, so I distribute the small amount between my palms and press it into my skin. It will feel sticky for the first few seconds but then it sinks right into your skin.
What I think
I've been using this for a week now and it's pretty impressive. I noticed my skin was really soft the first time I used it, kind of feel like you just had a good facial. Even though it took care of my dry skin within 2 days I still use it once a night. It also didn't affect my oily t-zone nor did it break me out.
The packaging & price
I love the simple white/writing packaging but the tube would have been more convenient as a pump.
At first I thought it was very pricey for such a small amount of product but you really do need a small amount for daily use so it should last quite a while. Also the packaging is a bit deceiving as the tube is a lot smaller than box.
1. I really like this Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Blackberry. Since black tends to be a bit too harsh on my pale skin, this let's me do my inner lash line without looking like an emo. It glides on really easily and stays on for a lot longer than any of my other eyeliners.
2. My eyebrows are being douches at the moment. I'm trying to grow them out so I can get them reshaped and there's a chunk that won't come back. On top of that they're a black-ish colour which for some reason is really hard to match to a good pencil. Finally found a Black/Brown Eyebrow Pencil from Rimmel which does the job. I heard castor oil helps hair grow back so I think I'll be buying that & see how it goes.
3. Every since I got my iPad mini, I loaded up on e-books and stayed up until ridiculous hours reading. I got really hooked onto Hopeless by Colleen Hooper and finished it within two nights, it's one of the only books where I didn't hate any character, the female wasn't a Bella Swan-esq helpless female and the relationship between the two main people didn't form within the first few chapters. I also read Losing Hope, which is the male's point of view. Annnd I got her other book but the relationship between the two people formed within 10 pages and I can't bring myself to finish it.
4. I never thought I'd have Maybelline's Falsies Mascara in my favourites, but it's so good I haven't used any other ones since I got it. The only annoying thing is that a huge clump of mascara sits on the end of the brush and if you forget to wipe it off it tends to end up in your eye.
5. I spent most of the season of The Block bagging everything out but now that it's over I really miss having something to watch every night. I'm really bummed that the twins won, I hated them both, but glad everyone got a nice amount of money in the end.
6. I got myself one of the EOS Lip Balms in Sweet Mint in the US just because they're popular. I didn't like it at first, didn't glide on easy because it's so round and didn't seem to do much. But I use it at night now (when I remember to) and my lips feel really nice in the morning. I think I'll be buying a few of the other scents once I'm done with this one.
7. Since all my shows are on hiatus I thought I'd try watching something to kill the time. Parenthood seemed very popular and I love Lauren Graham (she's still Lorelai Gilmore to me) so I decided to try it out. I'm already onto Season 3! The show is very similar to Brothers & Sisters which was one of my favourite shows ever. I still love B&S more but this is #2 in my favourite dysfunctional family category.
Whenever I don't like any clothes in the stores, I go and buy a bunch of beauty products, not sure why but it always happens! Only thing I really needed was boots and I got them a few weeks ago, everything else was either pointless or just because I saw it online & had to have it.
I got these flowers after having my eye on them for a while, just need to find a nice white vase to go with them.
This Models Prefer powder has the worst packaging ever. Stuff just goes everywhere and it's so annoying when you're wearing dark clothes. But apart from that it does a great job.
I went to buy my usual Poshe top coat but stumbled across good reviews for this CND one and although it's good, it's still nowhere near as shiny as the Poshe or Seche Vite.
Also got OPI's Don't Touch my Tutu which I ended up not really liking. I really wanted a creamy white and this needed 4 coats to get close to that. I'm going to end up with so many creamy whites before I find what I'm looking for! And it feels like such a waste because I can't really sell it either.
This almost went into the bin because it did nothing for my lashes the first few times. I tried applying it a bit differently then I do my usual mascaras and it worked wonders. Maybe that's why I could never get the Maybelline mascaras to work for me.
This was a very random purchase... I saw someone use a gorgeous MAC plum colour and I really wanted it. The price tag on their eyeliner in Australia is ridiculous and I couldn't find it online, so I found the Revlon Blackberry which is a dupe. It's a little too brown than what I thought it'd be but it's nice anyway, and has amazing staying power.
I really wanted this cardigan/jacket from Bardot but hated the faux leather sleeves. When I saw this in one of those random stores (UCutie/JustU) I bought it straight away. It was half the price of the Bardot one and no "leather" sleeves!
And another "saw a review, bought it within 5 minutes" purchase, is the Schwarzkopf Silver Shampoo. I only used it once so far and it definitely toned down my very brassy highlights. It smells reallllly nice too.
I really wish this Bed Head Ego Boost worked, it smells so nice and has the cutest packaging. But I don't think it does anything for my hair, only time I noticed it helping is getting rid of just-got-soaked-in-the-rain frizz but that's about it.
Am I the only one who preferred the old Biore packaging? It used to really stand out on the shelves, now it just looks like everything else. At least the product is exactly the same.
I'm really picky about the colour of blue jeans and when I found these in Temt of all places I had to try them on. They're a little on the Jegging-side as they're really stretchy but they fit like a glove. They're also ankle length but fit me perfectly since I'm 5'2. I need to get another pair before they vanish, I have a feeling I'll wear these out in Spring.
And the last one, which I forgot to take a photo of, are these boots. I've been looking everywhere for the perfect ones and found these at Spend-less for $50! I'll probably end up buying some proper leather ones when Spring starts and they all go on sale, but hopefully am lucky enough to find the same style.