Sunday, 1 January 2012

Hunni

Our gorgeous family dog Hunni passed away a few days ago. Although she was sick, it still came as a shock to me. I don't think it sunk in completely because I'm in Sydney at the moment but it will be hard going back into the house and not seeing her there anymore.
She was with us for around 10 years and has always been the last person I say bye to when I leave, even when she was dead asleep and snoring. Never thought I'd say this but I think I'll miss her mental barking at the poor couriers who run for their lives when they leave a package near the door.

I didn't think I'd end the year on such a low note, especially considering there were only a few hours left of it. But I do hope she's having a good time with the bunnies up there.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that! My old pup is 14 and I am dreading the day I have to say goodbye to her, and I can't imagine how sad you must feel.

    Thinking of you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry :( I can't imagine ever losing my little man! And he is only 2! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how awful this feels, it's just the worst. Poor little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh huni, so sorry to read this. I can't imagine how heart breaking it would be. I hope you're feeling brighter. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear of your loss :( Poor Hunni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I'm sooo sorry about your little Hunni...

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete