Saturday, 18 February 2012

Anniversary Party Pooper

So I have been looking forward to our wedding anniversary weekend since Christmas - hotel in the CBD, eating at our favourite places, playing pool, watching movies, relaxing... until my body decided to ruin it.
The inside of my cheek decided to swell up, it's been 2 days now, last night got around 3 hours sleep.
I could barely open my mouth, was starving and exhausted. I asked hubby to cancel our hotel booking so we can have a proper weekend away next available time.

Thanks to the antibiotics I'm able to speak a bit easier now (unfortunately for hubby!) and eat a tiny bit. I shamelessly ate dumplings with my fingers at Chadstone this evening because I couldn't cut them with the plastic fork nor could I put it in my mouth to bite it. We got some soup & baby food to keep me alive over the next few days.
Very lucky that Mr.B happened to have a day off today so he took care of me. Hoping I'll be fine on Sunday so we can have a good day at least!

5 comments:

  1. Oh no! I hope you are feeling better soon.

    Happy Anniversary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the cheek heals quickly - what crappy timing :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear. Best of luck with the swelling, and just think in 10 years time this will be a story in your history together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nooooo! Hope you get better. It was a good idea to cancel until you can properly enjoy it though.

    ReplyDelete