Monday, 26 November 2012

Random Rambling

I finally picked my wrapping theme for Christmas! I usually know way ahead of time but I'm just not into Christmas that much this year... what's happening to meeeee??.  I stood in the store with my (very patient) hubby trying to pick between 2 themes. Black & Gold wins! I just need to get some cute gift tags and finish off the Christmas shopping.

I know I'm an "adult" but I thought this was hilarious!

Speaking of hilarious... 
Clogs are bad enough but naming your brand Dawgs is the icing on the cake.

Hubby & I went to Chadstone's VIP night, it was the last pre-Christmas one (I think) and it was sooooo packed! I've been to almost all the VIP nights but they're usually decent, this one was possibly worse than Boxing Day. Ended up buying Ben & Jerry's ice cream to make it a little more bearable.

 I went to Big W to get some stuff from Bonds, and on my way to the change room saw these. There were a few more colours but these two caught my eye... I couldn't believe they were only $4 each!

This is above Myer's Christmas window display, I wish they were all over the city, so gorgeous.
Speaking of Myer... is it just my bad luck or do they have THE worst customer service? I went to Laura Mercier and 2 SA's were speaking to each other and not saying a word to the 3 people at the counter. Luckily David Jones was just next door with speedy service.. she guessed my shade before I even said it.. impressive!

8 comments:

  1. NO NO I agree Myer have the worst customer service. Bourke Street MALL = the worst. I was in there buying a gift a couple of weeks ago and they both sat there chatting to one another. I then asked if they had fake eyelashes and they pointed to where the section was ... which was empty... arghhhhh.
    Love the wrapping paper... super tres chic...
    I love big w they are soooo cheap but Kmart still holds my heart lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bourke St is definitely the worst Myer I've been to, they won't really seem to care about sales at all.

      I usually can't fit into Big W clothes, even their 8s are too big, but loose singlets are fine. Agree, Kmart is definitely the best though!

      Delete
  2. Bargain tops at Big W! I've been meaning to go there for a while now, I saw some cute work dresses on TV from there. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am actually at war with David Jones at the moment!! It is just ridiculous especially since Christmas is coming and people are trying to power shop and they are not even trying to cope with the demand! Hello, I thought you guys needed our money!! LOSERS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Expensive AND bad customer service.. and they wonder why everyone shops online.

      Delete
  4. Those lanterns are lovely! I think customer service depends on the girl/guy at the counter. There's a certain Clinque girl who hates me at DJ, but the team at Myer is always great, vice versa for Lancome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely depends on the person at the counter but somehow Myer always ends up being the one with the most crap SAs. I guess it helps when you know who has better service so you can avoid the awkward crap conversations with the bad ones.

      Delete
  5. Great combo of wrapping paper with black and gold! Certainly is more chic option than red and green!
    I agree with the comments about SA's in Myer - many times I get so frustrated I just walk out :(
    K xx

    ReplyDelete