Thursday, 10 January 2013

New Beauty Buys


This was a Christmas gift from hubby, who picked it out himself. I only use Nars' Orgasm blush because it's perfect but I did want a pink for the summer. It's very sparkly but you don't end up with glitter bits all over your face.

I'm onto my second bottle thingy already. I love this, put it on once during the day and don't need to re-apply at all. Only annoying thing is that I have to let it dry before putting darker tops on.

I know Body Butters are a little expensive so I don't buy them, but I put it on my list and Santa was nice enough to get it for me. This one in particular smells sooooooooo good, it's really hydrating and not greasy at all.

Umberto Gianni Backcomb in a Bottle ($11)
I have very fine hair but a lot of it, which can be really frustrating. I heard about this and after checking several Woolworths stores I finally found it. It works pretty well, I prefer it when my hair is up and needs volume for the bun/pony tail, but when my hair is down I find that it goes limp very quickly.

I felt pretty bad not telling the hubby how much this cost before I put it on my list but I thought he'd get me a small one. He ended up buying me a big bottle and it's by far the best moisturiser ever! I don't think I can justify spending that much on a moisturiser but maybe it'll last me by next Christmas.

My favourite mascara (L'Oreal Telescopic) was running out and I thought that after 2 years of using it I should try something else. I find that most mascaras seem to be the same once you curl your eyelashes anyway, so I checked out drugstore mascaras and this one seemed to be on most peoples favourites lists. I got mine from Priceline for $10 on sale and surprisingly it's very good, I love the formula and the brush is a perfect size.

I bought this last year and then neglected it after I started using my Bobbi Brown one. After I ran out of that I went back to this and oddly enough loved it a lot more than the BB one. It doesn't crease much (without powder) and looks perfect over the corrector. I think it may be discontinued but you can still find it online.

I got this just before my hair cut/colour, except it arrived about 6 weeks after I ordered it. I'm using just a small amount of this on my ends and skip the Moroccan Oil, my hair looks really healthy. I ended up with 2 bottles of this because my original one was lost so I'll be giving away my 2nd one since it will take me forever to get through one.

I only bought this because I was in Priceline and it was new and shiny and I had to try it. Most things that claim to give you volume usually don't, so I had low expectations, but this really worked. Only downside is that you really have to work the product into your hair to avoid the white powder all over your head. It smells really good too!

1 comment:

  1. I've heard such good things about Joico but am yet to take the plunge and give it a go.

    I think I'm going to have to give that backcomb in a bottle a go, I can never get nice volume in a bun or ponytail

    ReplyDelete