Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Brother's 21st & other stuff

So all my plans for my brother's 21st went down the drain because someone  *cough*brother*cough* bought everything very last minute which meant downgrading things such as the photobooth background & decorations. Also space was very limited due to construction happening in the back of the house. Good thing my sister's 18th will be in May and she's very good with paying attention to details... and planning for a girls party is always so much more fun.

Made a mini lolly buffet, I expected my two little cousins to completely ruin it, but turns out there were some piggy adults who passed constantly with a handfull. 

While I was going through my mum's hardrive for photos to use on my brother's collage, I found this photo of my grandpa. I need to find out when it was taken, I imagine he would have been in his late teens/early 20's.
I haven't bought myself any I-don't-really-need-this-but-it's-pretty clothes since November so I popped into Dotti after running errands and picked up a jumper and this necklace. It was marked down to $10, from $30 (I think) and when I got to the counter the SA told me all discounted jewellery was $2! Love surprise discounts!

Panda loves eating normal food - grilled cheese sandwiches, ham, bread etc. she will only resort to canned food if there's nothing else for her. I made my noodles a bit spicy by accident... Panda wasn't amused.
 

Mum's farming skills...

28 comments:

  1. Is that you in the blue dress?! I dont think I've ever seen a photo of your face!

    Lol at your cat eating normal food... I hear normal food isn't good for dogs, but not sure about cats.
    & What a cute carrot! Naww... my mum has been harvesting mini-everythings in her garden lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes, figured it's a bit annoying repeatedly hiding my face in photos.

      I don't know if it's good for cats, I just know there's certain foods they can't have so I keep it away from them but she seems ok, a bit annoying to eat around her though.

      Delete
  2. I had somehow missed your last post! I am always waiting for a new post from you!

    I have never seen your face before... You are so pretty! It's funny to finally put a face to a blog. hehe

    Panda is adorable!! That is such a cute face! I am scared to ask and maybe I missed something, but the other kittehs, where are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the other kitties are outdoors all the time now because they have a couch to sleep on under the pergola, but Panda sleeps inside while she's still little. Hence the millions of photos of her and not many of the others.

      Delete
    2. Phew!! I am soooo happy to read that :)

      You have quite the kitty family now!!!

      Delete
    3. Haha yea, I feel like a cat hoarder!

      Delete
  3. How bad is this ! I havent been to your blog in fracken ages and you are now posting your ultra pretty face!!! I love your hair and you have the best skin too!!! Vivienne loves normal food... shes such a super princess.... I feed her human tuna ... naughty vivvvyyyy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I fed them human tuna too, took them a while to get used to canned food after that. So spoilt but they're so cute it's hard to say no

      Delete
  4. Your skin is like a doll! Gorgeous! That carrot is a crack up!!! Boys, they are so dummmmbbbbb. Can't wait for your sisters bday. I'm sure everyone had fun though.
    Laura - Elsee blog. www.lasscreative.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they the most hopeless cases when it comes to shopping, or anything party related?

      Delete
  5. Cute Dotti purchase! And even better that it was a bargain!!! Ellie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much easier to justify a spontaneous purchase when it's $2!

      Delete
  6. That photo of you is gorgeous-AMAZING skin! Jealous! What a handsome man your grandpa was too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He sure was! I might frame the picture when I get around to printing it.

      Delete
  7. I loved the photobooth shots! The props were good! I made similar moustaches for my wedding photobooth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a quick job, hopefully mum sisters ones will be much nicer

      Delete
  8. I hope you tracked down where the picture was taken. How exciting.
    What a cute carrot. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I have no idea why she pulled the carrot out so early, poor premature carrot

      Delete
  9. Another vote for flawless skin babe! love the photobooth photos! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many funny ones but can't put randoms faces on the blog unfortunately.

      Delete
  10. Aw you looked amazing! The dress is gorgeous. And wow your grandpa was so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the prettiest dress? I love the colour

      Delete
  11. Um. You're STUNNING! I feel like I need to put my face back in hiding on my blog now. Lol
    Your grandpa was a very handsome man. Does that make me creepy?
    Tiny carrot is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I think he was handsome so if that's not creepy then I don't know what is!

      Delete
  12. Your grandpa was such a spunk!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that dress! A party with a lolly bar always wins for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lolly bars are the best invention ever!

      Delete