Friday, 8 February 2013

Random Rambling

I lost the receipt for a 3 year service for my engagement ring that the SA snuck in when I got my ring. Then randomly when I went on a cleaning rampage I found it in a blank envelope in the under bed storage. We took the ring to the store and they said that it has to be done ever 6 months otherwise it's not valid, which is fair enough because I'm the one who lost the receipt in the first place. Then another worker (who has been there for years) took over, filled in the missing year (2 services) and sent the ring off. Got it back yesterday, soooooo shiny! 

Miss Panda finally has a sleeping routine, no more 4am wake up calls to play with toes, straws and blanket. Oh and it's very fun drinking water out of a glass, despite the fact that your big bowl of water is 2 steps away.

We had pancakes for dinner on friday, way too naughty but soooooooo good.

My sister suggested I read John Green's The Fault in our Stars, so I did (after I couldn't finish The Perks of being a Wallflower - so boring!). Out of all the books I ever read, this is the only one I would happily re-read. It was SO good, as far as I know it's aimed at teens but definitely written nothing like the Twilight books. So after I finished I got two of his other books, An abundance of Katherines and Looking for Alaska.

I have a very crap chest infection! It's only been a week and it feels like I've had it forever. I was coughing so bad last week that I got dizzy for about 2 hours. And then the following day I was so light headed I could barely get out of bed. Thankfully it's going away.. although very slowly.

I got this cute Kikki.K diary from Gumtree for $10! So much easier than writing things all over my notepads and whiteboard.

This is mum's midnight cake to blow out her candles. I may, or may not have, cut the cucumber and put it in cupcake cups and served it to everyone. Also the "31" is because we had no other candles in the pantry haha.

13 comments:

  1. Your ring is absoutley amazing!!
    Panda is adorable x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your ring and bahahahaha love the cucumber cake!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous ring!!

    Feel better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I laughed out loud at your kitty drinking water out of the glass!! So funny! Cats do hilarious things sometimes!! Oh you read the fault in our stars! I read that recently too! So sweet, but so sad! I see you've got the lying game series in your shelf! What do you think of it?!

    Love the cucumber cake, I had to double check that it was actually a cucumber LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I downloaded everything you recommended in one of my old posts, I read the first book but got distracted by the John Green ones.

      Haha I was hoping she wouldn't think it was anything else but a cucumber.

      Delete
    2. oh! thats right i remember recommending some books to you!
      the 5th lying game book came out last week but its not available on kindle yet! argh sooo impatient lol

      Delete
  5. Oh, also, how do you find gumtree overall as opposed to ebay? ive recently started looking at furniture on there but was also wanting to get into looking at other bits and pieces... i feel like its not as secure as ebay..what do u think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a huge risk buying the diary from there because it wasn't through Paypal, so I don't recommend you doing that. Anything that you pay cash or Paypal is fine, other than that it's really not safe at all. So easy for the person just to delete all their details and you won't find them again.

      Delete
    2. oh youre right! gumtree just doesnt have the same sorta security as ebay. at least it was just a $10 thing though, i dont think i would buy something more expensive... unless its furniture that you actually go and look at and pay cash..

      Delete
  6. Oh the number of times I've seen Snowy's long tongue reaching into my glass of water. Blergh.. if I leave a glass around I always throw it out.
    Great random score with the diary.

    ReplyDelete