Thursday, 21 February 2013

The Chop, a Rat & an Anniversary

I cut my hair! Finally!! It took me forever to decide because I've had long hair for about 8 years now, and although I loved it, it started to get annoying. I have thin hair but lots of it and that doesn't go well with layers because it's constantly getting tangled. So I got a straight cut for the volume that layers take away and got it shoulder-length just so it's easy to grow back if I hate it. Fortunately I love it, it's easy to style and I prefer it slightly curled because my annoying fringe is still growing out.

When I sat down to get my hair washed, directly across me, about 2 meters away was a RAT staring at me, peeking through the storage room. RAT peoples!!! I'm terrified of rats/mice and thought that Jeebus was just playing a joke on me so I looked away and looked back. Nope. Still staring at me. I just kept my feet up and hoped that the hairdresser is the fastest washer ever, and she pretty much was. I didn't say anything (neither did the woman next to me who would have seen it) because it was too noisy for it to come towards the main part of the salon, but I did almost run out of there once I was done.
I need to learn to take pics before I get into my comfy/lazy home uniform.

It was our 2nd Wedding Anniversary on Tuesday, can't believe it's been two years already! We decided to ease up on the gifts because of our trip (in 90 days!!!) and not do anything fancy, so we just spent the day walking around the city and eating. Hubby impressed me by buying me a necklace I don't remember ever mentioning to him. I was originally going to get one for our wedding but my dress belt had silver on it and it would have clashed too much.

My brother turned 21 yesterday! Not too sure when everyone got so old, but they did. He is having 2 separate parties at home, so there was a lot of organising to be done. His family one is this Saturday so I took about 3 days to get his photo collage done and my sister and I spent a night making the photo booth props. Then going on a shopping rampage for the decorations today.

I leave you with some pictures of Panda's special sleeping positions.

13 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great! I would have been terrified if I saw a rat!!!!!
    The necklace is gorgeous, well done to your husband!
    LOL your cat sleeping is hilarious haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very brave of you but the cut looks great :-) agree with ditching the layers, I love the straight cut. Tempted to get rid of my own layers but that would equal shoulder length hair...not sure I'm ready for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your hair is way too nice to cut!

      Delete
  3. I hate rats and mice-cool, calm teacher that I am squealed in front of my class when one ran through my classroom.

    Your hair looks great! Are you DIYing the photobooth? You'll have to let me know how you go-I want to have one for my wedding, but not quite sure on the logistics yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you poor thing!

      Yeah DIY-ing the Photobooth, it won't be very fancy because it's just for a 21st but I will definitely post some pics, if it looks decent.

      Delete
  4. You hair looks beautiful so much bounce and body. Your kitty is hilarious... picture number 2 looks straight out of MJ Triller!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, she does look like she's nailing the Thriller dance moves!

      Delete
  5. I love your cut, and the colour is great! Quich question on the colour, what shade is it? Does it turn brassy at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry no idea what colour it is, had it done at the hairdressers. It does turn brassy because I had bleached my hair previously so it keeps coming through after about 10 washes. The purple shampoo works really well, I was just too lazy to repurchase it myself.

      Delete
  6. Your hair looks gorgeous! Panda is so beautiful. Every time I visit here I want my own kitty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send her in the mail to you for a visit!

      Delete
  7. Love the hair and necklace. Very pretty. :)

    The kitty is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair, amazing. The job your husband did on the necklace, amazing!!! The rat, YUCK!! ickkkkk
    Elsee Blog - www.lasscreative.com.au

    ReplyDelete