Thursday, 27 June 2013

New York Pt.2

My obsession with New York Started when I watched Serendipity, I would have been around 15 years old. I originally wanted to go to NY for Christmas, combine my two favourite things, but I am very sensitive to the cold and I knew I wouldn't enjoy New York as much if I went in winter. We decided to go to the US for our Honeymoon, but the wedding (along with other fees) ate all our money and we had to wait to save up again.

For the first 2 days I was pretty worried about New York not meeting my expectations. We were extremely sleep deprived, we had to adjust to not-very good customer service and we constantly kept getting hassled at Times Square. Once we figured out that the problem was mainly Times Square, we'd walk extra fast through it, or just avoid it completely (our hotel was right next to it, so that was a bit difficult).
From then on NY was pure perfection, we loved every part of it (except for Times Square, obviously).
 We stayed at Hotel Edison which we got for a very good price about a month before our trip. It was really conveniently located and our room was large enough for it not to feel stuffy during the 2 week stay.
We are already considering going back same time next year!

This was the view from our hotel room.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVED Serendipity! :) Great photos! Love squirrels! xx

    ReplyDelete