Wednesday, 31 July 2013
1. I really like this Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner in Blackberry. Since black tends to be a bit too harsh on my pale skin, this let's me do my inner lash line without looking like an emo. It glides on really easily and stays on for a lot longer than any of my other eyeliners.
2. My eyebrows are being douches at the moment. I'm trying to grow them out so I can get them reshaped and there's a chunk that won't come back. On top of that they're a black-ish colour which for some reason is really hard to match to a good pencil. Finally found a Black/Brown Eyebrow Pencil from Rimmel which does the job. I heard castor oil helps hair grow back so I think I'll be buying that & see how it goes.
3. Every since I got my iPad mini, I loaded up on e-books and stayed up until ridiculous hours reading. I got really hooked onto Hopeless by Colleen Hooper and finished it within two nights, it's one of the only books where I didn't hate any character, the female wasn't a Bella Swan-esq helpless female and the relationship between the two main people didn't form within the first few chapters. I also read Losing Hope, which is the male's point of view. Annnd I got her other book but the relationship between the two people formed within 10 pages and I can't bring myself to finish it.
4. I never thought I'd have Maybelline's Falsies Mascara in my favourites, but it's so good I haven't used any other ones since I got it. The only annoying thing is that a huge clump of mascara sits on the end of the brush and if you forget to wipe it off it tends to end up in your eye.
5. I spent most of the season of The Block bagging everything out but now that it's over I really miss having something to watch every night. I'm really bummed that the twins won, I hated them both, but glad everyone got a nice amount of money in the end.
6. I got myself one of the EOS Lip Balms in Sweet Mint in the US just because they're popular. I didn't like it at first, didn't glide on easy because it's so round and didn't seem to do much. But I use it at night now (when I remember to) and my lips feel really nice in the morning. I think I'll be buying a few of the other scents once I'm done with this one.
7. Since all my shows are on hiatus I thought I'd try watching something to kill the time. Parenthood seemed very popular and I love Lauren Graham (she's still Lorelai Gilmore to me) so I decided to try it out. I'm already onto Season 3! The show is very similar to Brothers & Sisters which was one of my favourite shows ever. I still love B&S more but this is #2 in my favourite dysfunctional family category.
Labels: Monthly Favourites