Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Everyday Makeup Routine


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light ($62) - I hate setting powders, I rather have my makeup fade away than put powder on my face. So I hesitated buying this guy but I've seen it on a few YouTubers and really loved the look of it. It doesn't seem like much is on your face but when you step back & have a look in the mirror your face looks slightly airbrushed & glow-y. 
I put a small amount on, mainly on my t-zone and cheeks & then use whatever is left on the brush for the rest of my face. They have several other colours but I really loved this one, especially because it has no glitter.

Bobbi Brown Corrector - ($40) I've mentioned this 100's of times before because it's by far my favourite product ever. If you have dark circles you need one of these. It neutralises the under-eye area so you can just add a brightening concealer on top.

L'Oreal Colour Riche Crayon in Smoky Taupe ($16.95) - These pencil eyeshadow thingies are a lazy girls dream! Just swipe it on your eyelid and blend in for a few seconds and you're done. It's got really good staying power, you have to blend it in straight away because it sets in really quickly.

Max Factor 2000 Calorie Mascara ($19.95) - This has always been my favourite mascara ever. It doesn't give me spider lashes, doesn't have any fallout & the brush is perfect for my eyes.

L'Oreal Brow Pencil in Blonde ($22.95) - This is a little expensive for a brow pencil especially because the other side is wax so you don't get much of each product. The wax was great until I had to sharpen it within 2 uses and it keeps breaking, so it's pretty useless. I do love the pencil though, perfect colour for me.

NYX Butter Lipgloss in Creme Brulee ($9.95) - I hate the feel of lip glosses on my lips but people kept saying that these guys weren't sticky so I went to swatch it at Target & fell in love with the Creme Brulee shade. 

They are really glossy but not sticky at all, doesn't last for too long but for $10 I didn't expect it to. I'll definitely be re-purchasing it.

Revlon Age Defying Concealer - This thing is 100 years old but I haven't found anything to replace it so I'm still using it. I have 5 different concealers sitting in my drawer and they are all pretty bad, the only thing that came close to this one was the MAC concealer but I got an allergic reaction to it. So I'm still on a mission to find a good one.

NYX Blush in Angel ($5) - This is by far my favourite blush ever. It doesn't look like much in the packaging but it has a subtle pinkish/peachy colour with a sheen that gives your cheeks a really pretty glow.
For $5, it surprisingly stays on your skin the entire day. I prefer it over my much more expensive NARS blushes.

Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser ($59) - I've been using the LM tinted moisturiser for about 2 years now and just started using the oil-free version recently. It's probably a product I'm never going to stray from unless it starts breaking me out randomly.

3 comments:

  1. Yay I have a tube of oil-free LM coming my way thanks to your advice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really dont like the bobbie brown corrector but i think i must be doing something wrong because everyone else loves it ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good collection of products there!

    ReplyDelete